The SULCA 4.2 software allows the user to perform LCAs including life-cycle inventory (LCI) and impact assessment (LCIA) calculations, as well as to present the calculation results in a comprehensible manner through its unique reports and charts. With this software, calculation of footprints e.g. carbon footprint is transparent and easy.
SULCA 4.2 is fast and easy to use, offering the following:
- A clear user interface
- Closed loops and easily managed allocation methods
- Possibility to use several impact assessment methods for a single flow sheet (e.g. ReCiPe, ILCD 2011, CML)
- Database compatibility e.g. with Ecoinvent v2 (commercial database, not offered by VTT). VTT offers publicly available data related to transport in the LIPASTO database.
- Ease of inclusion and separate presentation of transport-related elements for every phase of the life cycle
- Agglomeration of calculation sub-models
- Uncertainty analyses, to allow thorough interpretation of results
- State-of-the-art transparency in the life-cycle impact assessment phase
- Improved automatic checking procedure in mathematical validation, which gives even faster possibility to find errors.
A licence for SULCA 4.2 includes the software and a manual. The software includes a ‘data master’ that enables the user to build its own database, but no database with actual data is included. The software interface consists of three windows for the user: flow sheet (see figure below), charts and reporting.
Example of SULCA 4.2 Program view.
Requirements on SULCA user's hardware and software
SULCA 4.2 has been beta-tested on PCs with Windows XP and Windows 7 32/64-bit operating systems and it has support to older Windows versions (Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 or higher, Windows XP Pro, Windows 2003) with any PC-model. The software runs on most home Windows versions with 100MB of free hard disk space, but is supported only on professional versions. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org,if you must run SULCA on a specific unsupported version.